Thursday 12 July 2012

Bargain Hunting


Last year one of our Sunday routines during the summer months was to visit the 'Lazy Bones' Bootsale (I love a bargain but also love a lie-in!) and then go to the Battlesbridge Antiques Market for a look around and then on for some food from the local fish stall.
This year has been pretty rubbish weather wise so I have only managed to get to Battlesbridge once with my mum and sister and I spotted this lovely vintage step ladder. I love how sturdy it is and have pictured using it in our new house! Our mortgage has been approved whoop whoop! 
I plan to possibly use it to display bags and shoes. And maybe to reach things!
I managed to get the price down from £21 to £15 which I think is a bargain as have seen a similar new item for £60.


My other great buy was the bag also pictured. I bought this from the Lawdy Mamma stall in Battlesbridge. I also haggled for this little beauty and she came home with me too! 
My tip for going to such markets is to take cash as they will give you a better deal. 
Fingers crossed the weather gets better and we can get our Lazy Bones to more boot sales!
xx

1 comment:

  1. oh well done you on haggling! im rubbish at it, but wish i was better. maybe i should take you heehee! That is a fab step ladder that will look fab in your new home, and that bag?! WOW! love it!!:)xx

    ReplyDelete